We could easily write twenty pages on the subject of Whistler, and why we’re consistently voted the #1 Ski Resort in North America, but we know you’re busy people so instead, we made a list of 10 sexy, quick fire facts about one of the major components – our mountains – Whistler Blackcomb.
- There are 8100 acres of terrain to explore across Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains
- That equates to 200+ set trails and tons more if you go off-piste (which you’re gonna)
- Heli-skiing adds an additional 432,000 acres of terrain to conquer
- Our average annual snowfall is 11.64 metres (smashing Aspen’s average of just 7.6 and Vail’s measly 8.9)
- 37 lifts (the most of any resort in North America) = less waiting time and more slope time
- Our pedestrian-only village is directly at the foot of the slopes
- Said village is home to more than 200 shops, plus 90 restaurants and bars
- From November to May, our ski season lasts 6 months
- We’ve got that glacier too so the skiing never really stops
- We’ve won the #1 Ski Magazine award for our terrain variety, après-ski and off-hill activities
If that has got you all hot under the collar then our job here is almost done. The only thing left to say is to visit the Whistler Blackcomb website to book your lift pass right now because time waits for no one, despite what those Guinness adverts may suggest.