OUR CORE PURPOSE AT GIBBONS IS MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY!
Gibbons Whistler is currently seeking a Training & Development Lead to join our team! The Training & Development Lead will be assisting the People and Guest Experience Department in training of new hires, developing leadership standard operating procedures, Front of House training, as well as content and curriculum development. They will also help facilitate external training initiatives and opportunities, and coordinate product knowledge, tasting, and menu testing for all of our teams.
Who are we?
Gibbons has been showcasing Whistler to the world since 1979, cultivated from one family’s love for Mountain Culture, and driven by the desire to keep the culture alive and to reinvest into the communities that surround it. We operate venues, run festivals, brew beer, talk travel, and throw parties and are striving for the best company culture in the world. We are so excited about the work we do and the exceptional peers we work alongside.
We pride ourselves in living up to our core values to; have fun, encourage trust, hustle, show kindness, & act like an owner. Creating strong community ties and driving B-Corp standards through our businesses we have developed the happiest teams who give 5* guest experiences.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is highly organized and is able to create a structured curriculum and standard operating protocols for a multitude of venues and businesses. You thrive in the role of a teacher and developing people is your passion. You have experience creating engaging presentations and training modules for both in-person and online platforms and have a strong aptitude for ensuring action, accountability, and collaboration.
- Creation of manuals speaking to Gibbons Business System processes and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate onboarding and training
- Develop standardized FOH training modules/testing
- Build out leadership standard operating procedures
- Facilitate and host orientation, internal training initiatives and coordinate external training opportunities
- Convert all content, testing, and training to our digital training platform
- Develop and improve our team’s guest experience via weekly training sessions
- A history and passion for hospitality
- 2+ years of leadership/training experience
- 2+ years of hospitality management
- Process orientated, well organized, and have an eye for detail
- Strong public speaker
- Charismatic, energetic, and compassionate leadership style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to adapt to new technology
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send through your resume and cover letter today!