Spa Manager – The Spa at Whistler
We are looking for an outstanding leader to manage the Spa and Wellness Center located in the heart of Whistler. If you feel that you have what it takes to lead our team, providing our guests with the relaxation and comfort they have come to expect from this leading Spa while provide a satisfying and enjoyable atmosphere for our team members to grow and develop their skills, this may be the role for you. Take Ownership, Integrity, Make a Difference, Professionalism. It is important to lead by example and perform your duties with a smile and be conscious of the feelings of those around you.
Our core purpose is making people happy!
Spa Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth and consistent spa operations to include such strategies as training programs for all employees, consistent administration of policies and procedures and accurate rotation and staffing levels.
- Provide exceptional service excellence and satisfaction, ensuring each guest has the ultimate spa experience.
- Create, implement, and monitor programs and plans to ensure that monthly spa financial objectives are met.
- Review daily appointment schedule, productivity reports, labor costs and expenses to ensure budget projections are being met.
- Know all spa products and services in order to train and motivate staff to ensure business goals and objectives are met.
- Ensure standards for quality customer service, health and safety policies are met; monitor staff performances (on schedule, proper client interaction, informing of upgrade prices, promoting upgrades, etc).
- Conduct monthly product training with staff; create and maintain file of product information, policies and procedures for staff reference.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are well-trained on job responsibilities and are provided with tools necessary to effectively perform and succeed in their jobs. All new hires must be trained in all protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory process, including, maintaining accurate supply counts, rotating back-stock and ensuring proper stock levels.
- Respond to guest complaints and comments
- Prepare weekly staff schedule. Monitor schedule requests to ensure proper coverage, monitoring hours within budget and controlling overtime.
- Develop local contacts and schedule events to grow spa data base and spa local awareness.
- Communicate regularly with General Manager but not limited to, status of all projects, sales updates, training information and financials.
- Manage all personnel under supervision including staff development, training, coaching/counseling (disciplinary) and evaluating.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of spa staff.
- Mediate problems between staff members.
- Review spa objectives with the team, reviewing and updating in light of changes in the business, implementing corrective action when needed.
- Track and verify commissions and gratuities
- Communicate all monthly, weekly, daily retail promotions to all members of the team.
- Track hourly sales to ensure the team is meeting its retail goal.
- Respond to customer satisfaction survey comments daily.
- Ensure service excellence by completing regular walkthroughs
- Assist and coach receptionists in dealing with guest inquiries.
- Research and solve customer billing inquiries.
- Oversee the processing of refunds and resolve booking errors Competencies
- Customer focused – Make service excellence a primary focus of one’s actions; effectively meets service excellence; develops and sustains positive and productive service excellence; and takes responsibility for service excellence and loyalty.
- Collaboration and partnering– Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals. Job Specifications/Qualifications: Spa supervisor or management experience is required along with prior budgetary experience and a proven track record of successfully meeting financial objectives. At least two-years of experience working with a Point-of-Sale in a busy environment while multi-tasking, managing guest expectations, appointments, etc.
- Tactful, mature and able to effectively interact with diverse groups of people.
- Self-motivated. Able to always encourage a positive and focused team.
- Flexible and cooperative with exceptional teamwork skills. Benefits:
- Competitive experience-based pay
- Team Enrichment Events
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekends, days, evenings and/or holidays.
- Tactful, mature, and able to effectively interact with diverse groups of people.
- Five years’ experience in Spa Operations
- Minimum three years of managerial experience in relevant field
- Knowledge of general health and sanitation codes
- Strong strategic planning, project management skill and superior decision-making while managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, maintaining a professional attitude to deal effectively with guests, management and employees
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be willing and able provide guests with a variety of spa treatments
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]