Gibbons Whistler is looking for a sous chef to support the Head Chef at The Longhorn Saloon to help drive a new food program. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about mountain culture and have culinary experience.
Gibbons has been showcasing Whistler to the world since 1979, cultivated from one family’s love for Mountain Culture, and driven by the desire to keep the culture alive and to reinvest into the communities that surround it. We operate venues, run festivals, brew beer, talk travel and throw parties and are striving for the best company culture in the world. We are so excited about the work we do and the exceptional peers we work alongside. We are here to create amazing experiences!
We are looking to build a team that provides a first-class experience for our guests and members as well as being an engine that places all potential guests into our Gibbons Wheel. You will help create an amazing guest experience as well as guiding the company towards profitability and long-term success with a key focus in driving revenue.
Our ideal candidate is as passionate as we are about Mountain Culture, driven and motivated by the community and the connections within them.
Gibbons Whistler is looking for a driven and motivated individual to support the Executive Chef at The Longhorn Saloon to help drive a new food program. We’re looking for candidates with kitchen experience.
The responsibilities of a sous chef include:
- Uphold Core Values: Have Fun, Encourage Trust, Show Kindness, Act like an Owner & Hustle
- Assist in menu creation and collaboration with the Head Chef
- Provide training to new hires and ensure a high level of food presentation and quality control
- Work alongside the head chef in managing the team
- Collate and maintain Food Prep list
- Food control/cost of sale and maintaining inventory
- Kitchen lead experience required
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
GIBBONS WHISTLER, ALWAYS GOOD TIMES!