Tapley’s Neighbourhood Pub is now hiring a sous chef!
Tapley’s Neighbourhood Pub is looking for a sous chef to support the Head Chef and drive the pub’s food program. If you are passionate about mountain culture, have culinary experience, and will thrive off working in Whistler’s #1 sports bar apply now!
Gibbons has been showcasing Whistler to the world since 1979, cultivated from one family’s love for Mountain Culture, and driven by the desire to keep the culture alive and to reinvest into the communities that surround it. We operate venues, run festivals, brew beer, talk travel and throw parties, and are striving for the best company culture in the world. We are so excited about the work we do and the exceptional peers we work alongside. We are here to create amazing experiences!
We are looking to build a team that provides 5* experiences for our guests and members as well as being an engine that places all potential guests into our Gibbons Wheel. You will help create an amazing guest experience.
The main responsibilities of the sous chef include:
- Uphold Core Values: Have Fun, Encourage Trust, Show Kindness, Act like an Owner & Hustle
- Assist in menu creation and collaboration with the Head Chef
- Provide training to new hires and ensure a high level of food presentation and quality control
- Work alongside the head chef in managing the team
- Collate and maintain Food Prep list
- Food control/cost of sale and maintaining inventory
- Kitchen lead experience required
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
GIBBONS WHISTLER, ALWAYS GOOD TIMES!
$20-$22 p/h based on experience
Staff perks across Gibbons venues