OUR CORE PURPOSE AT GIBBONS IS MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY!
Our goal at Gibbons is to create the best jobs, the happiest teams, and the ultimate guest experiences. We are seeking the perfect candidate to join us in the search for those all important A-Players that are the beating heart of our organization.
You will assist the People and Process Team leading the recruitment for all levels throughout the organisation. From assisting the managers at each venue, the spa, Foon and TAG, to hunting for senior executive positions as we continue to grow and expand our program.
Who are we?
Gibbons has been showcasing Whistler to the world since 1979, cultivated from one family’s love for Mountain Culture, and driven by the desire to keep the culture alive and to reinvest into the communities that surround it. We operate venues, run festivals, brew beer, talk travel and throw parties and are striving for the best company culture in the world. We are so excited about the work we do and the exceptional peers we work alongside. We are here to create amazing experiences!
We pride ourselves in living up to our core values to; have fun, encourage trust, hustle, show kindness, & act like an owner. Creating strong community ties and driving B-Corp standards through our businesses we have developed the happiest teams who give 5* guest experiences.
This is an exciting time at Gibbons, and this is your chance to be a part of it and help us create the best teams in Whistler!
- Source and recruit A-players for positions at all levels
- Create job descriptions and posts for our careers website and external sites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Canada Job Board
- Utilize job boards, sourcing tools and Human Resources techniques to attract and identify candidates
- Confer with recruiters and hiring managers to identify talent needs
- Review applications and interview applicants
- Build and maintain relationships with recruiting agencies, universities and other Human Resources organizations
- Develop and maintain candidate pipelines
- Attend and coordinate participation in job fairs
- Assist employees with visa requirements and paperwork (eg LMIAs, BC PNP, Permanent Residency)
- 2+ years experience in recruiting talent
- Results focused, ability to drive the recruiting process and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates and hiring teams
- Attention to detail, and high level written and verbal communication skills
- High level of skill with Microsoft office (word, excel)
- Experience working with job boards
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Proven ability to develop and align strategy in support of business initiatives and growth
- Excellent organizational, and analytical skills
Please note this is a full time position. Salary will be negotiated at interview and dependent on experience.