GIBBONS WHISTLER IS HIRING A MAINTENANCE PROJECT MANAGER!
The role of the Maintenance Project Manager is to oversee and guide the functions, roles and tasks completed by the maintenance team, supporting all our venues with day to day maintenance and repairs, facilitating venue upgrades, and organizing projects with 3rd party contractors where necessary.
This is a management position that requires effective time management and communication skills to ensure that tasks required for all of the Gibbons Whistler venues are approved, managed, and completed efficiently.
- Appropriately manage and delegate work/ tasks for the maintenance team that ensures skills are being utilized appropriately and cost efficiently as possible.
- Hold daily group huddles that provide the maintenance team with informative information regarding that days planned work.
- Resolve any incoming and urgent maintenance repairs effectively by communicating with both the maintenance team and General Manager (GM) of the venue that ensures the repairs are completed as promptly as possible either by an internal or external source.
- Provide the maintenance team with a continuous and regularly updated list of priority jobs for all venues, answering any queries, providing guidance and re-prioritizing the list as new works come to knowledge.
- Keep all GM’s up to date with any planned, on-going or future works planned for their venue by communicating regularly with any updates, delays or budget restrictions.
- Order any parts, tools or materials required to complete the planned, on-going and current works/ tasks planned for all of the venues that fit under the Gibbons Whistler company umbrella.
- Review parts/ tools/ material requests from members of the maintenance team to ensure that the orders are required and not already stocked.
- Support the maintenance team by continuously working through planned, on-going works across the venues that ensure all are able to maximize efficiency without impacting guest experience.
- When required, organize external contracts to complete works for venues that either a current member of the maintenance team cannot complete, or does not have the appropriate certificate to do so.
- 2+ years experience in maintenance role
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Qualifications in a trade an asset
- Ability to coordinate multiple jobs at one time