OUR CORE PURPOSE AT GIBBONS IS MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY!
If you are a chef who wants to be a part of creating world class food, grow a world class team, and be a part of a winning culture apply now! We are seeking a driven and highly motivated professional to join our team as the Head Chef of Norman Rudy’s, Squamish.
Our ideal candidate should be passionate about creating the ultimate guest experience through the quality of the food, taking pride in the way it is served, and continually sourcing the best and most sustainable ingredients to take our food program to the next level.
We are looking to build a team that provides a first-class experience for our guests and members as well as being an engine that places all potential guests into our Gibbons Wheel and guiding the company towards profitability and long-term success with a key focus in driving revenue.
Core responsibilities include:
- Uphold Core Values: Have Fun, Encourage Trust, Show Kindness, Act like an Owner & Hustle
- Menu development
- Oversee and ownership of hiring, leading, attendance & training, performance reviews of kitchen team
- FOH training through product knowledge
- Work with the General Manager to develop venue budgets, assist in operating within budgetary guidelines, evaluate financial/labor COS/food COS reports & adjust operations as needed to achieve financial/labour COS/food COS goals
- Scheduling and managing teams
- Inventory best practice
- Have your finger on the pulse of ongoing food trends in the industry
- Budgeting and financial planning for labor and food costs
- 5 years minimum kitchen experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Administration skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Process skills
- Red Seal certification or other culinary training an asset