From champagne showers to the legendary Longhorn nachos, this iconic Whistler bar is where the party happens. Whether you are joining us for a quick drink or settling in for an epic Sunday session, we can guarantee that this will be an experience you never forget. Serving lunch, après, dinner, and late-night! We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine restaurant/bar in the heart of Whistler village, offering stunning views of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains.
We are now looking for a talented Head Chef to continue to develop and elevate our food program and manage our back of house team. You will provide the support and food safety practices that facilitate a smooth dining service and a cohesive working environment.
Perks include – discounts on food and drinks at the best venues in town, discounts at select retail stores in town, discounted gym memberships, and ski rentals!
- Uphold Core Values: Have Fun, Encourage Trust, Show Kindness, Act like an Owner & Hustle
- Menu development
- Oversee and ownership of hiring, leading, attendance & training, performance reviews of kitchen team
- FOH training through product knowledge
- Work with the General Manager to develop venue budgets, assist in operating within budgetary guidelines, evaluate financial/labor COS/food COS reports & adjust operations as needed to achieve financial/labour COS/food COS goals
- Scheduling and managing teams
- Inventory best practice
- Have your finger on the pulse of ongoing food trends in the industry
- Budgeting and financial planning for labor and food costs
- 5 years minimum kitchen experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Administration skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Process skills
- Red Seal certification or other culinary training an asset
- Wage based on experience with great staff perks across Gibbons venues. To be discussed at interview.
If you meet these requirements and are excited about the opportunity to work at the best venue in Whistler, please apply today!
GIBBONS WHISTLER, ALWAYS GOOD TIMES!