Gibbons Whistler is now hiring a group sales coordinator to join our sales team and assist guests with booking their ultimate Whistler vacation. We are looking for individuals who are customer service-oriented, communicate well with others, are able to multi-task, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for making people happy.
As the group sales coordinator, you will be the first interaction that many of our guests have. Everything starts here: the inquiry, the booking, and the first impression. Here at Gibbons Whistler, we strive to achieve the highest standards in customer care. It is essential that all guests be treated with respect and honesty and sales coordinators demonstrate our core values: Have fun, Show Kindness, Encourage Trust, Act like an owner & Hustle!
- Under the direction of the Group Sales Lead and in collaboration with the sales and marketing teams, research potential clients and produce a list of leads
- Field requests from interested parties
- Coordinate with venue managers and third-party providers in advance of reservations
- Create sales invoices and support materials for potential clients, including available event space, dining and catering services, room reservations, activity recommendations, and access to relevant amenities and equipment (e.g., projectors, audio and video equipment, etc.)
- Operate as client’s customer service representative, acting as a liaison for bookings, special requests, and general service questions
- Follow up with clients for feedback, referrals, and future business opportunities
- Assist the Sales Agents on the sales desk when applicable
Skills & Attributes we are looking for:
- Great customer service skills, with sales experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Adaptive, on-the-go methodical style
- Detail orientated multi-tasker
- Ability to act as an effective go-between for clients and venues
- Effective follow-through skills to gain a consistent client base and referrals for future business