OUR CORE PURPOSE AT GIBBONS IS MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY!
One of Whistler’s most respected and largest employers has a full-time, year-round opening for a Accountant to join their finance team. Offering a competitive wage, fun staff events, and the opportunity for growth. Ideal for a designated, hands-on accountant with at 1-2 years of related experience. This is a great stepping stone to enhance your career in accounting with a company that often promotes within.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round position, 5 days per week, flexible schedule
- Salary will be competitive based on experience (open to negotiation).
- Fun team events (in the past this has included watching Ice Hockey in Vancouver, Treetop Adventure (TAG), RTV tours, and meals out)
- Spirit Pass is available plus 20cm + snow deferred start time rule (until 11am).
- Work with one of the biggest and most fun teams in town.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 1-2 years of related hands-on accounting experience.
- Post secondary education in accounting or finance and/or CPA designation as asset.
- Careful attention to detail, high quality of work and impeccable organization skills.
- Self-starter – ability to jump into the middle of problems and obtain effective results.
- Ability to make decisions in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Works well with others and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tactful and discreet when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of Excel, Sage 300, AccPac, and other financial systems.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Finance leadership in day to day operations
- Hand on day-to-day accounting role including monthly preparation & analysis of financial statements.
- Preparation of year end working papers for all businesses.
- Monthly completion & review of Balance Sheets for all businesses.
- Weekly AP/AR/Liquor inventory entry.
- Upholding company Core Values.
- Weekly meetings with operations management regarding budgets, pricing, cost levers and general analysis of maximizing revenues & minimizing costs.
- Business Partner mindset to support operations & drive results